A half rotten 26year old boat
- I located a rotten old boat, this one was a gift from freecycle.com
- Then the job was to cut back all the rotten wood and peel away all the flaky and old varnish.
- Next I mixed some resin and hardener to soak some fibre glass sheets.
- Layering the fibreglass sheets over the holes and eventually making good with sand paper.
- I used epoxy filler to fill any recesses left in the repair work.
- Then sanded down the filler and touched up with wood stain to hide the repairs.
- Lastly I rubbed down the whole boat and re-varnished.
The finished article
Now, just for a name. Any suggestions?